Nearly every business that has been around for more than five years has legacy apps. These are those records, software code, and data sets that are stored in an obsolete/outdated format or hardware system. Dealing with legacy apps is one of the stickiest and expensive problems facing the modern business owner.
Fortunately for you (and me) there is a way to keep all of that valuable customer and product data and move it into a more agile and robust ecosystem.
Wouldn’t it be nice not to have to worry about whether that old computer or server that What’s His Name (can’t remember because he hasn’t worked for you in ages) set up will crash?
What happens when it crashes? You lose all of your data. You may even lose tweaks and design changes to the essential software that keeps your business ticking along.
This is the biggest reason why it is important to move your legacy apps into the cloud. Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the more information is added and the more it will cost you to migrate.
Let’s face it. Newer companies that are embracing the cloud are chasing the same customers that you are. The difference is, they aren’t held up and limited by out-of-date programming and antiquated hardware. They are using the cloud.
Here is what moving your legacy applications to the cloud will do for you and your business:
- De-clutter – Computers and servers (just like your attic) get filled with useless stuff. Migrating your legacy apps will afford you the opportunity to do some spring cleaning!
- Agility – Once your legacy apps and the information that they contain are secured on the cloud, there is so much more that your team can do with the data. This level of agility will help your business.
- Lower Costs – Moving your legacy apps to the cloud will automatically save you money in maintenance, upgrades, and labor costs.
- Leverage New Advances – There are advances being made every day in relation to cloud computing. The only way that you will be able to take advantage of these upcoming advances is if you move your legacy apps to the cloud.
- Backup – Let’s be real. You have been very lucky that, so far, that old computer or server hasn’t crashed…so far. If it does, you are in for a storm of trouble. Moving those important legacy applications to the web gives you peace of mind. With the data (and software that is vital to your business process) secured from disaster, you can focus on other things.
Moving your legacy apps to the cloud does not necessarily mean that you need to spend the money to update them. It does, however mean that the software and information that is the heartbeat of your company will be safe and stable.
You cannot afford to lose your legacy applications. To learn more about moving them to the cloud Click Here.