Cloud-Phobia is a very real disease. I talk to leaders of small to medium size businesses all the time who have a mild to severe case of Cloud-Phobia. But this disease does not have to fatally injure your company’s chances of adopting cloud-computing and leading the competition in your niche.
The good news is there is a cure to Cloud-Phobia. It is TRUST.
Getting your mind around cloud computing is ultimately an exercise in trust. Trust in the advice that your IT Managed Service Provider is giving you, and trust in the security and safeguards that the cloud vendor has put into place.
Having spent a lot of time with company IT departments and leaders of business, I have found that the following are, in their minds, the biggest hurdles to adopting cloud-based applications for their businesses.
- Symptom: “I feel like I will have a lack of control if I put my data on the web.”
- Antidote: The idea of control is relative. You will have as much control with paying for a subscription cloud service as you will have with paid employees doing the same work.
- Symptom: “How do I know that the cloud vendor can be trusted?”
- Antidote: Verify through external, third-party certification, the testimony of other companies using the service, and your own testing/ assessment.
- Symptom: “I’m afraid that cloud-based computing may have a detrimental effect on my bottom line.”
- Antidote: It hasn’t had a bad effect on your competition’s bottom line.
- Symptom: “I’m not sure a cloud vendor can enforce security policies.”
- Antidote: Require internal audits and reviews.
There are always a lot of objections to anything that is new. People are scared to try the new because they believe that what they already have is somehow better. Let’s face it, it makes no sense to be scared of a T-bone steak just because you like and are comfortable with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
You very well may have a touch of Cloud-Phobia. That’s Okay. I can help! Fortunately for you, I have the answers that will cure Cloud-Phobia and start your business toward a more competitive stance in your industry.
Click Here to contact Centralized Solutions today for more information about how your company can progress to the next level by taking advantage of cloud-based computing.